The Ski Club of New Jersey is open to all individuals with an interest in skiing and snowboarding, provided these individuals comply with the By-laws and Constitution of the club.
There are three levels of membership.
Active Membership is open to individuals eighteen years or older and costs $100.00 per year;
Associate Membership (reserved exclusively for those formerly Active Members) is similar but with a different overnight lodge fee structure and is $20 per year .
Junior Membership which is open to any minor between the age of twelve to eighteen, provided the individual is a member of the immediate family of an active member or the minor is between the age of fifteen and eighteen and is sponsored by an active member.
The cost for Junior membership is $5. Of course, in all cases, membership is approved by the club according to the Bylaws and Constitution.
We welcome families with children, and couples as well as singles to come to explore the benefits of membership in our club.
Interested in becoming a member? Join us at our meetings the second and fourth Thursday of each month, October through April, at the former Maywood Inn, now known as the Twin Door Tavern, for consideration for membership.
The Inn is in Maywood at 122 West Pleasant Avenue.
Regular meetings begin at 8:00 p.m. Executive meetings usually begin at 7 pm.
Benefits of membership
- Access to our Vermont Lodge. This Vermont farmhouse has ample room for +/- fifty two guests per night.
- With minimum required number of guests, a cook provides meals, as a part of special weekend rates. This includes breakfast and dinner on Saturday, as well as breakfast Sunday.
- Discounted ski tickets provided by the NJSSC.
- Club activities throughout the year, including aqua weekend which features kayaking in Vermont; various hikes and club picnics and parties.
Read more about the lodge under our menu section “Lodge.” Read about all the various activities members, including have access to in our “Activities” section of our menu.
Check our publication, The Flake which is published in our “News” section. The Flake is published yearly in May and mentions meetings, club & lodge events, and the work weekend schedules (our club members perform maintenance of the lodge during work weekends, which is a membership participation requirement).
For membership information contact: Chris Weigl. Chris’s mobile is (201)-788-0534 Or Email Chris @: [email protected]
Officers of the Club 2021-22 season:
- President – Michael Bailey
- Vice-President – R. John Popolizio
- Recording Secretary – Grace Clark
- Lodge Treasurer – Chip Miller
- Club Treasurer – John McAndris
- Corresponding Secretary – Pete Newman
- Database Manager – Don Denbleyker
- CFO–Hank Willen